Sunday, January 2, 2011

What's next for me?

The script I'm currently writing deals with a very controversial subject matter in the Black Christian community. As I'm writing it I am tackling inner conflicts with what kind of filmmaker I will be. I could live my life making films that are "commercial" your everyday run of the mill B movies... or even the blockbuster hits you see in the theater. The film industry is very cookie cutter, films and the god awful remakes are dominating the industry and we are suffering from a lack of... well moxie (I just learned that word)

So, at the beginning of my career I must choose a path. And that path could change my life dramatically. On one hand I can join the crew of filmmakers who are giving the public mindless media and make tons of money... or I can create projects that deliver a message and risk being a starving filmmaker for the rest of my life, but knowing perhaps what I've done reached atleast 1 person.

Which will I choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment