Sunday, January 2, 2011

The making of "A Father's Love" book trailer

A Father's Love Book Trailer from Roni Brown on Vimeo.





This little piece was very interesting to make. How do I come up with a concept that summarizes the message of a book within about a minute. I looked up other book trailers and boy I tell you perhaps I should think about starting that as a business. Book trailers are, kind of boring. Most are just powerpoint presentations! WTF

The author of the book is my lovely sister Lavita Stokes. When she wrote the book I knew that she had put alot of herself in it and it was a very important project to her. So I wanted to give her a book trailer that wasn't a boring powerpoint presentation, but that stood out and visually delivered her message. I got to work with two young very talented actors Gospel Jackson and little Khyra Stiner.

The shoot took all of an hour to do in my apartment and I am very very happy with how it turned out. When I sat down to edit it the music scared me. How was I going to find the right music to fit this scene? I went to soundsnap.com and within 2 minutes the perfect loop popped up. Like I said before, let go and let life. It's like it was made just for this project. I was finished editing in about an hour and outputting it to the web. Sounds easy, but it was alot of work. Worth it though, I ended up with a book trailer that definitely stands out from the rest and even got a great compliment from Mocha Readers, they said it's the best book trailer they've ever seen! http://www.mochareaders.com

I am very proud of the way this powerful little project turned out and I want to thank the actors for donating their time and amazing talents.


http://afatherslovebook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment