Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm back and on the grind.... NOW IS THE TIME


Hello all, I'm back to writing, producing, and blogging. After literally taking a trip across the country, I am in a different place mentally. 4 days, alone, in a car = alot of thinking!

I can sort of see the rest of this year, and it's exciting to me. While driving I had the pleasure of reading rebel without a crew. Thats right, I read and drive at the same time (a manual car none the less, can we say skilled?) Anyhoo I figured driving and reading would be the best time to get into the book as much of America is a wasteland. Nothing, no houses, no people, no animals (that I could see whisking by at 80mph)... just nothing but land. If you are a filmmaker or a writer and you've never driven across this country I recommend it highly, seeing it will change you.

Anyway I read the book, and did some mental writing/developing of concepts, and some planning for my first feature film. And it's all coming together very nicely. What I learned from reading Robert Rodriguez's book was priceless. It gave me such a creative boost, and such a ego boost just from reading his journey into film. I have felt lost, trying to figure out how to get into the exclusive Hollywood club, but I had it backwards, Hollywood needs to get into me!

I will learn from the master of indie filmmaking as I embark on the journey of writing/producing/directing my first feature film this year, because if I don't I might as well go to K-mart and put on a vest and check out customers because I will never be a filmmaker if I don't do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment