Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Smash Month








It's November time for my second smash month of the year. Just recently named smash month out of the blue, but basically its a time for me to become a shut in and let everything out. Concepts, pre-production work, nad most of all script writing.


During the month of November I will be either completing a new draft of a script each week, or revisiting an unfinished script and bringing it home. I'm excited about pushing myself and sticking to the tight schedule I have going.



I'm also reading for the First Glance Screenplay competition, theres alot of good new talent out there waiting to break through and reading their scripts encourages me much simply because they have the confidence to not only write and finish a screenplay, but they also have the confidence to put it out there to the world. Even when I'm writing a bad review, telling them to go back to the proverbial drawing board, I'm proud of their tenacity.



My new goal is to submit to 1 contest monthly, having the resources to do so has finally come about and who knows... perhaps I will be posting about a win soon!


My smash month plan

Revisit and complete the thriller/suspense script TWIN - the script is 70 pages in but I hit a wall. With the help of my roomate I've finally got the story rolling and can clearly see a blockbuster ending.


1ST DRAFT for the thriller CASUAL ENCOUNTER



1st DRAFT for the horror/thriller ISLAND X



1st DRAFT for the horror INSECTA



Add 100 pages to the novel ROOTED




WOW thats alot of writing. I'd better get to work.




No comments:

Post a Comment